Sunday, October 5, 2014

Emmy -- Traveling Dog


When we brought Emmy home from nearly two years ago, we had in mind a traveling dog.  In fact, I can remember the ride home from her foster care house in Fullerton, with Emmy in Maxine's lap and me saying that I wanted the sort of dog we could toss in the car and head out of town.

Especially after Ally, who'd rather be left home in the garage for the weekend than get in a car.  And Cassie who would travel only because she was afraid of all of life except for us.

Not knowing any other options, Emmy has become our traveling dog.

Exploring the Pacific Ocean in San Diego.

On a boat in Long Beach.
With her "dog cousin" Stella in Leucadia

In Paso Robles at the Firestone Walker brewery. 


Emmy has always been an explorer.  Sometimes more than I'd prefer.  Early on, it drove me crazy.  Taking care of a 9 week old dog in my home office, she didn't want to sit still and was a large distraction to my plans for the day.  I had my back to her, heard a noise, and when I turned, found this. 

We've raised Emmy to be the dog who we could take along, and in a few weeks, that's going to be at a new level, to Paris, France...


No comments:

Post a Comment