Sunday, December 21, 2014

Maxine's Pictures -- Dec 13-18

Looking at these pictures, this may be the most touristy post yet from me.  You'll see what I mean below.  But, first, a picture of Tom and Emmy bundled up for the cold.  I just thought they both looked cute!



On Sunday, Dec 14 we walked around Montmartre and saw famous sites around every turn.




The Montmartre vineyard.  Unfortunately, we arrived in Paris just after the wine festival in October.



Just a pretty scene, so I made Tom pose for me.


On Tuesday night we went to Spring for dinner.  This was on my must-try list and Tom suggested we make this part of our Chanukah celebration.  To be honest, I have mixed feelings about Spring.  The food and service were both outstanding.  But I was really sick the next day and will always associate that with Spring, fair or not.  But let me tell you about the dinner.

I don't have a photo of the amuses -- fried oyster for me, pickled cauliflower for Tom, paper thin slices of Spanish blood sausage with apple, pumpkin with hazelnut.

Our first courses were showered with truffles:  brill fish for me and truffle salad with toast for Tom.





Sauteed foie gras in duck broth



Venison with nasturtium roots and chestnut puree



Cabbage with game -- hare and venison -- and black trumpet mushrooms



There were actually 4 desserts -- lychee ice cream with coconut cream, tropical fruit tart, chocolate gateau, coconut balls.  All but the ice cream are pictured here.



On Thursday, we played tourist in Paris.  These pictures are from the top of the Eiffel Tower.  It's great to be in Paris in the off season.  No lines or crowds that morning.  What great views!






Later that morning, we visited the Rodin Museum.  It's amazing how the Eiffel Tower sneaks into photos everywhere!


1 comment: