Saturday, December 13, 2014

Tom's Pictures December 8-12

A million years ago my girlfriend came to NJ to spend Xmas with me and my family.  She suggested that from there it was relatively easy to fly on to Paris, so we did that for New Years.  This is the hotel we stayed at all those years ago on my first trip to Europe.  As to the girlfriend, you've seen pictures of her throughout this blog...

The hotel is adjacent to the Pantheon, which looks pretty.  BUT, there's not that much to do in the immediate neighborhood because it's also the area of the Sorbonne and back then school was out for the holidays so the area was desolate.

This picture is from the steps of the Pantheon and looking towards the Eiffel Tower (behind the Xmas trees)

Only France -- "Writers who died for the country"...  (Next few pictures are from inside the Pantheon)




Entrance to the Sorbonne.

Some miscellaneous scenes here in Paris.


The stained glass windows at St. Chapelle.  Most amazing stained glass I've ever seen in my life!





We walked the Ile St. Louis (where Notre Dame is located).





Christmas carol singing outside Shakespeare & Co!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment